What information will my personal injury Lawyer need during my free consultation?
Personal Injury lawyers offer free consultations to potential clients who have been injured. If you have been injured, you want to gain the most value you can from that free consultation.
Horwood Law Group provides personal injury services to clients in St. John’s and throughout Newfoundland & Labrador. If we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to call us at 709-753-3557 or book your free consultation on our website.
Information Your Personal Injury Lawyer Will Require (If you have it)
It is always a good idea to be specific in the information you provide: dates, times, contact information, and so on. During the interview, your personal injury lawyer will probably require the following information:
- Police collision report or file number (if police attended the scene or a follow up request was made)
- Policy numbers from Insurance Companies (including your own)
- E-mails, correspondence between yourself and other parties (which may be insurance adjusters or witnesses)
- Photographs and video
- Witness statements
- How the accident occurred
- What medical treatment you have sought and how it has been paid
- Whether you have any private insurance policies that pay for the treatment (i.e. Desjardins, Johnsons, Manulife, Great West Life, Sunlife, etc.)
- The type of medical treatment you have sought and where
- Your pain and injuries, physical or psychological
- Any out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred for medical treatment or other treatment
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred for things relating to the
- Employment information
- How your injuries affect your day-to-day living activities